Wednesday 28 April 2010

Saatchi & Saatchi at the Barber's


When you look at yourself into the mirror for 35 minutes because there’s literally nothing else to look at while your fur is technically and gradually being cut into a decent haircut, you might think this is the worst way of wasting 35 minutes of your life and 8.5 pounds of your dough. But if the old guy cutting your hair talks to you about Saatchi & Saatchi, you tend to think life is actually happening to you.

Jack’s is the classic barber’s. It’s got ‘Est. 1978’ added to its name on the front window and the customers seem to be making plans for that year’s Christmas while waiting for one of the last haircuts they’ll ever have. Strangely enough, I felt my Mondays were better than theirs. Well, at least more numerous from a biological perspective.

So anyway, while I was in the ancient throne and before I even had the chance to get bored, the barber asked me what I was studying - the natural question that springs to one’s mind when having to put up with a species of students. The answer was going to change every minute of those I spent back in 1978, for the barber sounded like a retired Saatchi & Saatchi adman while sharing his views on the agency’s work. Go figure.

Jack’s is the classic barber’s.

No comments:

Post a Comment